One day a wonderful Ane, a woman monk, asked
me to take her picture.
A few days later, I took a photo of all the
His Holiness Jigdal Dagchen Sakya leaving the
"Got" out of Lamdre
- An exploration of, initiation into, and
beginning experiences of the true nature of
- An excellent set of spiritual practices and
- A connection with a spiritual tradition and
culture that goes back over 2,000 years. A desire
to help these incredible spiritual teachings to
continue on for another 2,000 years. The desire
to use my brand marketing skills to help the
Tibetan Buddhist Lamdre teachings be more widely
understood and practiced.
- Some new friends
- Five weeks truly "away from it
- Clear directions on how to become a better,
more virtuous, person.
- A renewed commitment to spiritual practice.
- A plan to change my lifestyle and create a
new "Chuck Pettis" that is more noble,
generous and caring.
- The Beautiful Ornament of The Three Visions by Ngorchen
Konchog Lhundrub, Snow Lion Publications, Ithaca, NY, 1991.
- The Three Levels of Spiritual Perception by Deshung Rinpoche,
Wisdom Publications, Boston, 1995.
- A Flash of Lightening in the Dark of the Night by The Dalai
Lama, Shambala, Boston, 1994
- Lamdre: Dawn of Enlightenment by Lama Choedak Yuthok, Gorum
Publications, Canberra, Australia, 1997.